We know how stressful it can be for those who are self-employed to get a mortgage.
The bottom line is never our bottom line.
Self-employed individuals have access to write-offs and various tax breaks that can reduce your taxable income but also make it harder to qualify for a mortgage. We recognize that the bottom line doesn’t show the whole picture and that it takes more than an algorithm to make a solid financial decision.
Our team will sit down with you to get a full understanding of your financial position including how your business operates and grows. Then, we will work to develop a tailored mortgage rate and limit that make sense for your goals and situation.
Luminus Financial Mortgages Offer
Convenient term lengths – variable or fixed 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 7 years
Flexible repayment schedules – weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly and monthly
Lump-sum payments accepted – up to 20% prepayment annually without penalty
Increase payment options of up to 20% once per year
Up to 90% financing
Up to 30-year amortization (with a 20% down payment)
Rates guaranteed for 120 days
Accelerated payments available
Mortgage life insurance, disability, and loss of employment insurance available.
The Mortgage-sense Pre-Approval Process
Our pre-approval process will take the guesswork out of home hunting by assessing your unique financial situation and figuring out what works for your life. You can apply for a pre-approval by telephone during business hours or online anytime, and your pre-approved interest rate is guaranteed for 120 days.
- You are 19 years of age or older.
- You are a resident of Ontario.
- You have not declared bankruptcy in the last 7 years.
Need more reasons to consider Luminus?
In addition to these great terms, we offer some exciting BONUS incentives unique to Luminus Financial.
- Pre-approval for a $5,000 line of credit* to help you set up your home.
- A free FiveStar Chequing Account** with no monthly fees, no minimum monthly balance, no transaction fees, and $500 in Overdraft Protection*.
- We can also help you protect your investment with competitive home and title insurance.
* Some restrictions may apply and fees may be subject to credit approval.
** Luminus must be set as your primary financial institution to be eligible for a FiveStar Chequing Account.