George De La Rosa
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
George has close to 30 years of experience in the Credit Union system and has held various positions. Currently he serves as the Chief Executive Officer of Luminus Financial, a position he has held for the last 17 years.
Since taking the position, the company’s assets have grown by close to 500%. He also has the distinction of becoming one of the youngest Credit Union CEOs in 2005, whose leadership helped Luminus Financial receive various prestigious awards and recognitions including:
- Achievement in Marketing Excellence (AIME) Award – 2020
- Toronto Star Reader’s Choice Diamond Winner Award in the category of Professional Services Credit Union – 2019
- Concentra emPOWERING Your Communities Campaign Award in recognition of the organization’s contribution to the Filipino community through its Remit Now, Pay Later program – 2015
- Address a group of Latin American Credit Union executives from countries such as Mexico, Peru, Dominican Republic and Costa Rica, all which are members of the World Council of Credit Union – July 2012
- Achievement in Marketing Excellence (AIME) Award –2011
- Image Enhancement Golden Mirror Award from the Credit Union Executives Society (CUES) –2007
- Young Credit Union People Program (WYCUP) Scholarship – 2005
He has volunteered his time as a board of director or committee member within various organizations or committees including the Canadian Credit Union Association, The Credit Union Council, Credit Union Services Association (in Ontario), Ontario Government Relations Community of Practice with the Canadian Credit Union Association, Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA) Industry Advisory Group, Ontario Credit Union Charitable Foundation, Ontario Credit Union Payday Lending Subcommittee, and AboutFace.
George received his Accounting Diploma from Centennial College, his Bachelor of Commerce – Business Management and Marketing Management with a minor in Human Resources from Ryerson University and his Fellowship with the Credit Union Institution of Canada (FCUIC) designation through Dalhousie University.
George is a proud father of his daughter, Aliyana.